1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Orphaned PIP? Can I has?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by superjackie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought we spoke English here. :confused:

I probably should have just followed my intuition, and not bothered reading this thread.

2. jverdin

jverdin New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was lucky! I didn't pre-order the PIP but called 4 dealers in the NE and informed them that I wanted the first cancellation. Well, the first PIP's to arrive @ the dealer had the color and package that I wanted. I flew to Baltimore and picked mine up on March 23! It took 3 weeks to get my PIP and I love it....

Good luck finding yours....:rockon:

3. HillCountryEVer

HillCountryEVer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    For all of you folks who completed the Pre-Order process, were there statements in the agreement that specified that if the dealer was not able to get ahold of you within a specific period of time that the contract/agreement was void? And if so, do you remember how long that period of time was?

Thanks -

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    first paragraph of the contract says 'the dealer shall notify the customer when vehicle is on the premises' and 'customer will have 14 days to contact dealer and pick up vehicle.' 'in the event that a transaction is not finalized within 14 days after dealers notice to customer, dealer shall have the right to cancel the customers order and customer shall have the right to a refund of deposit, subject to paragraph 4.' paragraph 4 states that 'customer shall have the right to a refund of deposit at any time upto the time the transaction has been finalized, but customer shall have no rights beyond this for any damages.'

1 person likes this.
  5. HillCountryEVer

HillCountryEVer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Awesome...thanks!

:)

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    pleasure.

7. superjackie

superjackie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Yes, it was a bad attempt at Lolcat speak. I'm sorry for it. My post was aimed a bit at Diane, since she has a cat in her avatar. I'm giving my sister Diane's number, maybe we'll get one soon.

8. frankbiele

frankbiele Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    These guys are at it again, I called about a PiP advanced and they said they wanted $250 OVER MSRP! When I asked why it was no $40,285 he said "what!", it was almost as if I 'dared' to question him or something??? Then, he admitted that it was the cost of the floor mats, which they order with EVERY car, and that I MUST take delivery of the car with the floor mats. I told him they lost a sale.
    This dealership has a bunch of bad reviews (although some good) so I guess I should have taken heed. At least it wasn't $5000 OVER (like the above post!-they probably had their hands slapped by corporate!).

9. DCDave

DCDave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When I picked up the tags for my PiP last week at Koons Tysons Toyota in VA, the salesman pointed to a PiP he said he was trying to sell. Must have been an "orphan" that someone turned down in favor of getting the deposit back. So it seems they do exist, but I don't know about price.

10. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  11. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    No fog lights, so its a Base

12. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    This is a pretty old thread. Even I have cars available currently. They are trickling into SoCal at the rate of about 175-200 cars per allocation (twice montly) ... not too many!