1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Other Toyoa Hybrids, not offered in the US

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by JimboPalmer, Sep 5, 2013.

1. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm working with the DMV and Customs as to what I need to import an Estima Hybrid....found a few examples as well as a couple in Canada that I could drive back. Talk about the run around....

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The steering wheel being on the correct side might cause you some issues in CA though :)

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Just show up in a mailman's jacket. Postal delivery vehicles often have the driver's position nearest the curb. Is that the same in in the UK?

Bob Wilson

4. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Won't be able to pay Tolls, booth on the wrong side!

telmo744 likes this.
  5. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No, never and not at all. I think it's just an American system.

We have letter boxes in our main front doors in 95% of homes, with mailboxes next to the main door on others. The American idea of a mailbox at the end of your property at the road side has just never taken off. Thus our postman/woman has to park up, get out and walk around the properties; even remote country properties!

Efficient? Probably not, but it's what has happened for 100's of years and people just like and expect it. Post is dying and I can see the American model taking off, or maybe people having to drive to the sorting office to collect their junk mail (like that's going to happen! :) ).

Oh the subject of changing postal habits. 15 years ago I worked for a small company and most communication was via post, with the odd fax. I've since started work for a similar small company (50 employees) and virtually all communication is now via email, with a handful of post items. So no more franking the post an hour before finish and lugging the sack to the local postoffice, just email everyone and the odd letter just getting a stamp and dropped in any letter box. Much much easier, but worrying for postal workers I guess. It was a significant change in just 15 years.

6. SnJGuin

SnJGuin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I do like the style of the Crown Royal Saloon by kind of reminds me of the Lincoln MKZ.