1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ottonavi phone sync issues

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by zamboni2354, Apr 10, 2012.

1. zamboni2354

zamboni2354 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hoping to get some help from someone with an Ottonavi stereo that may have had a similar problem.

When I first linked my cell phone with the stereo via blue tooth the stereo asked if I wanted to sync my contact's so I said yes. I thought my phone might have asked for permission to send info but I can't remember.

Anyway, no phone numbers or contacts show up on the stereo. pressing the sync now button doesn't do anything and it says that it last sync'd the day I installed the stereo.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.0 thru verizon.

I tried deleting the phone from the stereo and reconnecting but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

jeff in long beach.

2. zamboni2354

zamboni2354 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Mine is an *old* Galaxy S and everything works fine.
    It downloads the 3 contacts sets: Google, SIM and Phone.
    If I delete the device and re-pair, the whole list comes back again (under Contacts).
    Too many in fact.
    (That's a different issue; just saying because I'm trying to find a way to make the list shorter. I'm pretty sure it's possible even if I have to edit the file manually.)

Back to your problem... in which sets do you store your contacts on the phone?
    Did you try to send manually just one single contact via Bluetooth? Should work...

4. zamboni2354

zamboni2354 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    thanks for the reply. The Galaxy Nexus phone forces you to choose VZ back up assistant, google, or (since i have exchange) corporate. pretty much any place my phone is syncing with. Most of my contacts are from Google. a few are the corporate and I just tried a test contact with VZ backup assistant.

"Did you try to send manually just one single contact via Bluetooth?" how do I do that?

maybe I have a setting messed up on the phone that isn't letting it share?

thanks
    jeff

5. zamboni2354

zamboni2354 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just went into my contacts on my phone and clicked "import/export" and there is a tab that says "share visible contacts" and when I click on it it says completed action using : bluetooth, email, gmail, yahoo, ext. maybe that is the ticket? I'll try it when I get off work! I'll let you know if it works.

jeff

6. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Yes; that one should send eveything. You can also, as a test, select a single contact and send it by using Send Name Card via bluetooth.

7. zamboni2354

zamboni2354 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well I figured it out. I'm not sure if it is working the way it is suppose to but it works.

What I noticed was the display says "galaxy nexus connected". when I tell the phone to share to bluetooth I noticed that right before it starts downloading it says "galaxy nexus disconnected". then it starts downloading the contacts but after 5-8 of then they disappeared and didn't come back.
    here is a video of this.
    [ame="http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/zamboni2354/?action=view&current=VID_20120413_072320.mp4"]VID_20120413_072320.mp4 video by zamboni2354 - Photobucket[/ame]

then when I started the 2nd video I noticed that the reason the the contacts disappeared was because it switched from the contacts tab to the devices tabs. it also showed the current date but reverted back to the prior date of sync when it reconnected to the phone and all the contacts disappeared. here's that video:

[ame="http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/zamboni2354/?action=view&current=VID_20120413_072400.mp4"]VID_20120413_072400.mp4 video by zamboni2354 - Photobucket[/ame]

I decided to try and redo the video with better quality and that video is below. while doing the video I noticed while waiting for it to add all the contacts I could connect the galaxy and so I did it during the middle of the sync and when it was done those contacts didn't disappear. I had to redo it a 2nd time so I could reconnect the phone right away because it didn't get all the contacts the firsttime. weird but it worked.

[ame="http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/zamboni2354/?action=view&current=VID_20120413_072727.mp4"]VID_20120413_072727.mp4 video by zamboni2354 - Photobucket[/ame]

sorry for the poor quality.

bulle, does yours show that it's disconnecting before loading the contacts.

jeff

8. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Hi Jeff,

nope; I tried again; and mine doesn't say disconnecting. It's working ok.
    It does say downloading phonebook and stays there; there is no special message to alert you it's done. Unpolished software obviously...

So at least you found a way now.

About the number of contacts: there are way too many; that makes it difficult to pick the one you want. So as a solution, I simply reedited my contacts and put a ! in front of the names I want to see first in the radio. Works perfect; they all show up first on the screen while I still get the whole list available.

9. JIM WILLIAMS

JIM WILLIAMS New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

10. JIM WILLIAMS

JIM WILLIAMS New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU COULD PROVIDE .'
    I HAVE A 2011 JETTA AUTONAVI S60.
    WHEN I TRY TO UPLOAD CONTACTS FROM MY PHONE NOYHING HAPPENS NO ERRORS JUST NOTHING
    I ATTEMPTED TO GET YOR VIDEO BUT FAILED --- BAD TYPING???
    MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected]