1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

out of state purchase

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by gwoodward, Mar 28, 2012.

1. gwoodward

gwoodward New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    I am considering purchasing a v three for a dealer out of state. Will I have a problem if the car needs service at my local toyota dealership?

2. jbrad4

jbrad4 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Dealerships make money on service. If it's a Toyota, the local Toyota dealership should service it with no problem. You have the same situation if you buy your Toyota at one location and then you move to another state.

1 person likes this.
  3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I would not expect a problem. Warranty work is going to be authorized & paid for by Toyota so should be handled equally. Dealer provided services may not be equal. Perhaps a buyer could get a better loaner or a loaner instead of a ride.

I haven't had many service & warranty experiences with the 2 cars. When I replaced the 12v on the 2006 I chose a dealer on the way to the office. When that battery failed under warranty they didn't do anything to help get me home. The car was dead sitting in front of the Service Adviser desk. Would that happen with the selling dealer? I don't know.

Warranty work on both cars was done at the selling dealer. Although there were some annoyances overall I'm at least satisfied with the level service I received.