1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

out off control prius not stopped by CHP car slowing it down ( VIDEO )

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Flying White Dutchman, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    here you can see the officer tell that the prius driver came to a stop without the help of the CHP car slowing it down by getting in front of it.
    he just parked the CHP car in front of the prius to prevent it from taking of by itself after it already came to a full stop.

also about the wear on the brakes i guess thats because also not only the normal brakes where applyed but also the small foot brake to the left this was the wear of smell noticed....:confused:

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why do you guys call the park brake the emergency brake? If you have to stop your car with the park brake you are in deep s***. Repeat after me, park brake, park brake ...

I think the guy was visibly shaken because he was scamming the police to get off a speeding ticket, I'd be a mess too.

When was the last time a police car was somewhere near when you needed one? I suspect the "gas pedal stuck" when he saw the police car while doing over 90mph.
    That was the "situation" he had to deal with.

Did the cop say he saw the brake lights on? I didn't hear him say he saw the brake lights on.

Hey, I love his registration number!