1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Outstanding Parts service.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by pgc100, Aug 30, 2007.

1. pgc100

pgc100 Junior Member

I just had a very nice experience at my new local Toyota dealer that I'd like to share. I stopped in to pick up a few oil filters as as I am getting close to my first 5000Mile oil change.

He asked "What Car", I said "2007 Prius and I would like two filters". He gave me the filters, some free washers for the drain plug and then said "I took of 10% as a courtesy discount".

This to me is what customer service should be. No sales pictch, respect, courtesy and professionalism. For recognising his customers needs and $1.50 in discounts, he will get the repeat business.

I may be shopping for a TCH or a second Prius this weekend, so it might be a good sale for him.

2. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Tell us what dealer please.

3. pgc100

pgc100 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lenjack @ Sep 2 2007, 10:26 PM) [snapback]506113[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry for the late reply

Towne Toyota in Landing NJ.

4. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, but how much did you pay for the filters?

According to my calculations, you paid a total of $13.5 for two filters at a price of $6.75 each after the discount. A cost of $15 without the discount - $7.50 each.

Whereas if you bought the filters on ebay (this one selling 10 for ~30$ including shipping... although they normally sell for about 40$)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-4CYL...1QQcmdZViewItem

If you don't trust e-bay: http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-90915-YZZF1-C...0.aspx?MakeID=1
    Anyway, the point is, you can buy filters for ~4$ or less if you buy in bulk online.

You may have a point about their customer service though. Not all dealers give away free stuff, like the washers and the discount is nice too.... but I still respectably think that they're ripping you off.

Oh, and I have to mention: the part number I gave you above is for the larger filter that some people recommend. Don't worry, it fits.