1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Overfilled! Gas Nozzle Didn't Click Off!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Infidel, May 8, 2006.

1. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I had a near overfill yesterday with an overly speedy Sam's Club pump. My mother and I had and argument about whether I needed gas or not...and finally I decided to give in b/c it wasn't worth it. At 4.9 gallons it tripped off. I was sure I needed about 7, so I tried to top off (for the first time since I bought my Prius)...and started hearing gurgling. I stopped right then...and the gas gauge as I suspected was missing two when I drove away. So the bladder apparently couldn't keep up. But at least I won on the not needing gas argument. (I was trying to get about 70 more miles out of it before filling since I was in an area of cheaper gas...and had three pips left). I wanted to save my full tank for closer to home so it would last me longer...oh well.

2. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ May 21 2006, 10:44 PM) [snapback]259048[/snapback]</div>
    That's what I hate about getting gas in NJ. I hate waiting for the surly attendant to do something I've been doing myself for 30 years.

I do, however, appreciate the lower gas prices in NJ. I drove from VA to NY several times a year to visit my parents. I always get gas in NJ to save $$$.

3. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The good news is that there's nothing wrong with your car. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I managed a gas station and when a nozzle failed to click off, I had to put in a call to the oil company and they'd send out a repair/maintenance guy who would replace the entire nozzle. It has nothing whatsoever to do with your car. Sometimes, it can be that the little vent hole in the nozzle got plugged up but that doesn't help you much. I'd stay away from that pump altogether.