1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Overheard At Toyota Dealer's Service Dept

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jabecker, May 5, 2012.

1. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nice spin on the topic (I mean that in a positive way). The issue is the cost of overhead and the actual cost of the repair/service. I am new Prius owner, so I will be using my "free" service for now. But have read threads about the cost for the same services after that.

The only benefit I see is that it shows in my Carfax record, the only reason that my fiancé still uses Toyota for oil changes and tire rotation for his Yaris...

2. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nice explanation... Wish the place I used in the past was still around... They took the money for being forced out for redevelopment and retired. :( They had talented folks that knew what they were doing.

I can understand rat-holes, had one of those with the shop I used to work with. And on getting a rational call as to the issue I had no issues with the added cost.

In the end I stand by that the book rate is about getting profit for the shop. If a mechanic is learning or not at good - we should not have to pay for their learning or getting better....