1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oxygen sensor and wiring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by maxencep, Jan 22, 2022.

1. maxencep

maxencep New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I am a French owner of a prius p2 2006. My catalyser has been stolen. I replaced it but I am sick at the wiring of the oxygen sensor. I checked few topics but couldn't find the answer. I also check the wiring diagram but couldn't understand it.
    So my sensor is a Bosch with 2x black wires (for the heater) and 2x signals.

However on the car, the connector had 4 different colors and I cannot understand which one is which one :
    B+(black)
    Ht(green)
    Ox(yellow)
    E (brown)

Thank you for your help

2. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My notes from when I fussed with the downstream O2 sensor on my 2006 Prius:

Wire1 black HT
    Wire2 black Battery
    Wire3 Blue OX: oxygen sensor signal
    Wire4 White E

3. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Pic of excerpt from repair manual regarding Prius Gen2 downstream O2 sensor. 20220122_090637113.jpeg

4. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The wires that were cut- these go to a connector inside the car. The connector is under the front edge of the carpet- on the right side (where a passenger's feet are).

Usually the new oxygen sensor has the wires and connector. so unplug the old connector and damaged wires. Install the new sensor- push the connector through the hole into the passenger area- plug the new connector in.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

PriusCamper and ydpplqbd like this.
  5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I recently posted a downstream sensor wiring diagram, though that was in a thread for Gen 1. It might give the general idea.

In that case, it turned out to be not strictly accurate to call the heater's connections +B and E. Rather, that diagram showed an always on (well, when the car is) +B connection, while the other connection is selectively earthed by the ECM only when calling for the heater. And the sensor signal was referenced to an isolated system of grounds.

If you have the correct part, surely it can be plugged in to the connector beneath the carpet, without cutting and matching wires?

ydpplqbd likes this.
  6. maxencep

maxencep New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    Thank you all for your feedbacks.
    Meanwhile I ordered an other sensor because the one I had bought had not the gromet and the Toyota connector.
    Until I received the new one, I might try the connection as you suggested to me as a quick fix.