1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P 3004 following air conditioning codes and burned up wires in battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gumbercules, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Gumbercules

Gumbercules New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This concerns my 2007 prius with 128k on it. I recently worked on the battery, I cleaned corrosion and replaced the wiring loom, replaced the battery ECU. Everything went pretty great for a few months 46 mpg and 70 miles or so daily driving.

It started with AC codes and the AC stopped working, I forget the specific code but it was AC relay voltage high. Then our car wouldn't start in a parking garage 65 miles from home. I went out there with my techstream computer to find that the car was throwing a P3004-131. I took off the battery cover to find the positive terminal had burned up a little bit and the orange wire which connects to the little black circuit box nearby had melted off the post as well. (I put di electric grease on the post pictured which on later thought was a bad thing to do.)

I know i will probably replace the wiring loom again and I will replace that burned up wire too. Is there anything else I should be look at? I know I am very lucky this didn't start a fire.

Shared album - Alexander Nerad - Google Photos

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That's most likely arc damage from a loose connection. Did you torque the fastener to 48 inch-pounds? (4 ft-lbs)?