1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P, D, N Flashing with triangle light on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kolez2000, Oct 9, 2021.

1. kolez2000

kolez2000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was on my way out this morning and my Prius triangle light, checklight came up. The car could not move and the D, N,R, P and B light was flashing..I scanned it and got C0293
    I turn of the car and clear the code to be able to drive the car. The car still drive. I am wonder what could be the problem. I need to check the problem before it comes back again. Plus check attachment of the code. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In the picture that looks like a U0293 code. You might want to edit the thread and title so people will see the correct code.

Don't be distracted by the "raw code". That's just the way it gets transmitted on the wire to the scan tool. It's the scan tool's job to decode it and display it correctly. The scan tool shouldn't be showing you a raw encoded value that you could mistake for the real code.

[​IMG]

All the U codes are communication problems. U0293 in this case (because the ECM is reporting it) means the ECM can't communicate with the hybrid vehicle ECU (which is kind of the symphony conductor for the car).

kolez2000 likes this.
  3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, I might suggest having the 12V battery tested. The Prius doesn't need a big 12V because it doesn't have a conventional starter motor. Instead the HV hybrid system is used to "start" the engine.

What that means is the 12V battery can get fairly weak and you might not notice because it only has to supply 25-30 amps for a few seconds when you "ready" the car. During that time all the on board computers boot up. After that the DC-DC converter turns on and takes power from the HV battery to supply all the 12V systems. If the 12V battery voltage dips too low during boot up phase then one more of the computers can hiccup and throw error codes.

You might have something else entirely, such as an intermittent wiring fault, but test the 12V first.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

kolez2000 likes this.