1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P function?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Allen, Jan 13, 2006.

1. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I think "emergency brake" is an Americanism, probably from having too many automatic cars with "P" positions on the selector. In places where manual cars are the norm, it is naturally the parking brake. I've never heard the term "emergency brake" apart from on PriusChat.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    use your parking brake every month or so if you don't use it often. it readjusts your rear brakes and keeps the mechanisms of the parking brake in working order. if your rear brakes squeak a bit, use the parking brake less frequently.

3. jmccord

jmccord New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Jan 13 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]189252[/snapback]</div>
    Well, once again I learned something of value on PC. Here I've been dilligently pressing "P" before the "Power" button, when parking. Now I've learned from this thread that there's no need to do this. I can save myself a keystroke every time I park, by simply pressing the Power button to shut down (the Prius will shift to "P" automatically).
    Just what we need - more energy savings! B)

4. larryenok

larryenok New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmccord @ May 1 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]248405[/snapback]</div>
    I learned I could do this, but sometimes just for fun I will push the P button. Especially if I have a passenger that might later drive the car in it so they know that you can Park the car without shutting it off.

The reason I most often skip pushing the P button is because I have forgotten the extra step of turing the car off.

Sometimes if I really want to get crazy I will push the power button and THEN the P button. Freaky man.

Wait lists for the Camry are 45 to 60 deep here in San Jose, CA, but the dealers are still selling at sticker price. Sunnyvale Toyota discounts $300 off MSRP.

Deliveries started last Friday and a new allotment is on the way. Color unique to the Hybrid is Jasper Pearl (much like a lime green).

It has a power button, but no P button, so the confusion will be eliminated for my wife. :D