1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0037 Code. Recommended part?!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Dang Pham, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Dang Pham

Dang Pham New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    CEL on yesterday. I took the car to Autozone and there's a bad o2 sensor (bank 1, sensor 2) - which is the downstream (?)
    What i've seen on youtube it's pretty easy to replace. Anyone know what would be the best o2 sensor to purchase on ebay or amazon? Or somewhere else?!
    Many thanks

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    P0037 is a code for a fault with the B1S2 downstream oxygen sensor heater circuit. Most often it is a failure in the sensor- but not always. Usually I will disconnect the sensor and check resistance of the heater with a multimeter. If it is open circuit across the heater then replace the sensor. If the sensor tests in spec (see the service manual) then I have to test the wiring and ECM control.

I buy a Toyota sensor from a local dealer- or from a reputable (dealer) online supplier. OR, I buy a Denso sensor from a local auto parts store. There are lots of counterfeit parts on ebay and amazon.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. Owais Siddiqui

Owais Siddiqui New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Similar issue on my 2012 Prius. I am getting P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354 codes along with permanent codes of P0032, P0037, P0352 and P0353. Last week I removed the upstream A/F O2 sensor tested the heater resistance which was around 2.7ohms. Cleaned it, put it back then it ran like the problem was fixed but after may be 100 or so miles it died on the road with no power. All the cluster turned into a Christmas tree and I had to get it toed. I am still getting same codes. Don't know if I should replace the ignition coils to take care of P035x codes.

4. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Could be one of the coils. Each coil sends a brief signal (aka the IGF - IGnition Feedback) to the ECM when that coil makes a spark. Since each of the 4 coils makes a spark one after the other, they can all use the same wire for that signal. So it could also be a problem with the wire going to the ECM. Or loss of the power or ground circuit to all the coils.

If you want to replace coils, I suggest getting Toyota or Denso units from a reputable source (not ebay or amazon).

Hopefully you can find a definitive problem before trying to start the ICE too many times (and running the HV battery down).

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.