1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0102, P0113, P0A0D after cleaning EGR, InManifold, and hybrid batt cooloing fan

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by JayB, Apr 21, 2022.

1. JayB

JayB New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So my 2011 Prius with 240k started having rough running at mid rpms, going up slight hills. It was fine with throttle open all the way or closed, idled great, but mid rpms it would run rough. So I watch YT videos and started cleaning the EGR pipe as described. When I reassembled it started, but ran even rougher. Shut it off and decided to go through the whole cooler cleaning and manifold cleaning process. When I put it back together it displayed Check Hybrid System and would not start. I did forget to reinsert the mass airflow sensor plug. So I plugged that back in and disconnected battery then tried again, but same codes come up after that. Still wont start. Any ideas? I am thinking I need to take it to dealer and have them diagnose it. I see one of my cells is low, but what are the chances that that is the problem?

cel E31B6807-28A7-4D8D-B412-A733FFB921F5.jpeg

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how is the 12v health?

have you cleaned the maf, sensor tip and throttle body?

were the plug connetor pins clean and free from corrosion on both sides? what did you use to clean the egr?

watch

did you remove the orange safety plug to do the work, and if so, did you replace it correctly with all 3 steps?

i don't see a hybrid battery code, so it is not likely the problem

#2 bisco, Apr 21, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Luddite

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Second this. I didn't disconnect either the 12 volt or hybrid battery when doing the EGR cleaning, no issues.

4. JayB

JayB New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    When I cleaned the manifold, I removed the sensor that has wires going to it. I did not clean that part at all, i just put it back as I found it. I cleaned the manifold with carb cleaner and purple power. I used brake cleaner and power washed the cooler, and carb cleaner on the valve portion of the EGR. I don't know the 12 volt health, how would I find that out? I also did not examine the plug to look for corrosion. I will do that now. Thanks for your help. I think I'm in over my head.

5. JayB

JayB New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I did clean the throttle body with carb cleaner. I did not touch the hybrid plug until today and I simply unplugged it and put it back in as a last resort. I forgot to mention that I also changed the spark plugs if that matters.

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Luddite

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    There's a link in my signature regarding 12 volt testing.

I sprayed that sensor (the MAP sensor, short for Manifold Absolute Pressure) with CRC MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor Cleaner. My reasoning being it's for cleaning sensitive electronics. Do be careful with it, they're expensive to replace. Still, the MAP sensor looks pretty durable, compared to MAF sensor.