1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0113 & P0102 code after clean up oil down throttle body

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tekken, May 30, 2021.

1. Tekken

Tekken Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello

After remove the air filler and rest of part to vacuum up the oil down of throttle body approx 2 teaspoon every 3-4months and everything are place back in normal. A check engine light ON and Torque scanned with P0113 & P0102 code.

So, I disconnect and reconnect the Mass flow senor and check everything are connected correctly. Clear the fault on ECU and Check Engine light off and running fine. Every time I run the Torque scan code again the code P0113 and P0102, but NO Check Engine light. Please advise. thanks

P0113 (Intake Air Temperature circuit hight input
    P0102 (Mass or Volume Air flow cicuit low input

Oil down of throttle body even with Oil catch installed excessive oil down in the throttle body with acceleration.

#1 Tekken, May 30, 2021
    Last edited: May 30, 2021
  2. wheezyglider

wheezyglider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Shooting from the hip: if the MIL (aka Check Engine Light) isn't coming on, these are not current codes then right?. (Or so intermittent that they aren't ever happening twice in row, since it's a 2-trip detection for at least the P0102.)

I forget at the moment how it looks on Torque but you can tell the difference between current, pending, and "permanent" codes. They ought to self-clear after enough trips that meet the confirmation conditions. The repair manual will have deets on what those confirmation conditions are.

3. alltherightpills

alltherightpills Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Can confirm. I forgot to plug in the MAF after some maintenance…got the same codes and they stuck around even after the CEL went off. Don’t know if it’s mileage driven or a certain number of on/off cycles, but the codes went away after a day.

wheezyglider likes this.
  4. Jenny2010Prius

Jenny2010Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Facing the same issue here right now. Have you solved the issue, Tekken?

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Those two codes (both resulting from having that sensor unplugged) stick around as 'permanent' codes until the car actually sees the necessary driving conditions to confirm they've been fixed. I had a permanent P0102 for a year because my COVID lockdown driving never met the conditions to clear it. Finally got rid of it once Elektroingenieur kindly looked up the right confirmation driving pattern for it.

6. Jenny2010Prius

Jenny2010Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Got rid of the code by disconnecting the MAF, blowing the sensor & connector with compressed air, and re-connecting it back.

Rebound likes this.
  7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Jenny, did you have a check-engine light before?