1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0116 issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jceh1, Nov 18, 2015.

1. jceh1

jceh1 Junior Member

I have a 2006 Prius with 230,000 miles on it. It was laid up for over a year and I just put it back on the road. When I furst ran it I had a check engine light on. Had the P0116 Code - I changed the oil and put on a new filter, and the Code didn't show up again. Ran the car in the driveway for a while a few times - no check engine light. Battery went dead and after I charged it, no light. Drove the car about 150 miles. Still no check engine light. Next day, I got a check engine light, pulled the Code and had a P0116 "Crankshaft position camshaft position correlation Bank 1 Sensor A". Then, it went out on its own, was out a while (100 miles or so) , then just came back on. Any thoughts? the car had been sitting for over a year, so maybe that has something to do with it? Didn't have any issues before I put it away for the long storage.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

2. jceh1

jceh1 Junior Member

CORRECTION - CODE IS P0016 NOT P0116

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how bad is the 12 volt?

4. jceh1

jceh1 Junior Member

It's not a Toyota battery but it's brand new.

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This means that either the timing chain has slipped or the engine ECU is bad. The valve cover needs to be removed for inspection of the camshaft sprockets to see if they are properly aligned, which would show whether the timing chain slipped or not.