1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0117 with Normal temp 180 to 195 F

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by johnnychimpo, Mar 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Shahzad Nayyar

Shahzad Nayyar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I can somehow tell what happens. Instead of just shutting down, the ecu starts cutting the ICE power gradually. ICE keeps running but instead of sudden shutdown. I know because my prius used to do that on a prolonged uphill drive. Its a 3 gen with 74K Km. Temperature would go to around 100 celsius and the power from ICE would diminish. The electric motor would take over but wouldnt be able to keep up with the hill. I would then stand by roadside, with ICE running waiting for things to cool down. No High temp warning. Then once i got the hint, i removed the ECT at the T joint, started the car and told my son to rev up the ICE. It took around 5 seconds before coolant started coming out. I am assuming that the air was trapped and got removed. I am yet to undertake the uphill ride again...

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

SFO likes this.
  2. Shahzad Nayyar

Shahzad Nayyar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    N/A