1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0137 weird problem...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by CamRius, Apr 4, 2019.

1. CamRius

CamRius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Greetings everyone. I need some help figuring out my prius problem.

I have a 2008 prius, just purchased. It was in a little left side front fender bender but seems to be driving ok.

I cant register it yet because the CEL is on with a PO137 code. Bank 1 sensor 2 low voltage code. I have a obd II reader that can display live data too. Anyway, the voltage from the downstream o2 sensor was reading a constant .015v. The upstream sensor voltage is around 3.5v. From what i've read, this is well below the 0.1-0.9v range the downstream o2 sensor should be registering. So, i replaced the downstream sensor .

When i took it for a drive, after a few minutes of driving, the voltage on the downstream o2 sensor was reading in the proper range!! Yay!! However, as I continued driving the car, the o2 voltage sharply dropped back down to 0.015v and stayed there! When i stopped the car and let it cool down for about 45 min or so, i drove it again. After a few min, the sensor had voltage between .1 and .9v!! Then after a few minutes, it dropped back down to .015v and stayed there....

Any idea whats going on?! Help pls!!

2. _maddie_06

_maddie_06 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am also getting the p0137 error code. My tailpipe had rusted off of the muffler. So I replaced the muffler and o2 sensor. The code came back on after about 25 min of driving. I thought I had a short so I ended up tracing the wires. I didn't find the short. Now I'm wondering if my ecu is bad.

I'm wondering if maybe you have a short or also a faulty ecu?

I hope this helps and I'll let you know if I figure out mine.