1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0171

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Cap'n Steve, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Cap'n Steve

Cap'n Steve Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Update. I gave up looking for a leak and took it to the shop. They found the fuel pump to be barely working. Also found both rear hubs really bad. Worth the diagnostic. RockAuto here I come.....again. Hopefully the fuel pump isn't too hard on a Prius.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    someone just did one, right under the rear seat. pretty simple i think, an hour or two.

3. Cap'n Steve

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's good to hear. Looks like I can source a denso which I believe is OEM from a buddy of mine for under 500. I just feel like I'll be throwing good money after bad with this car. Womp. Wish me luck!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

bisco likes this.
  4. m.wynn

m.wynn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm gonna stick my neck out and say the fuel pump will solve your P0171. And for the price of the damn thing let's hope I'm right! The rear hubs are easy on the Gen3, too. If it matters to you, my experience with Gen 2 wheel bearings determined the Timkens to be identical to OEM, including containing Koyo bearings. If you can source these for ~$100 each, I'd go that route over any of the other aftermarket names. I can't guarantee the Timkens for Gen 3 will be as "OE" as the Gen 2 but I'd guess it is the case. If the fuel pump doesn't solve your lean condition, have a look at this excellent troubleshooting piece.

Toyota Tech Feature: Diagnosing Today's Complex Electronics Systems - Page 3 of 3

5. Cap'n Steve

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  6. that's so Prius of you

that's so Prius of you Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four