1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

p0300, p0303, p0304

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Wrecit, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Wrecit

Wrecit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Ok gurus, 2006 Prius with the codes above. Did some reading and video watching waiting for tow truck so got a good idea but wanted some confirmation.

Ran it down on fuel today (bad me) and took 10 gallon to fill. Cel blinked and engine was rough from stop to initial exceleration started about 15 mile after fill up. Exceleration at speed will smooth it out. After about 5 miles the cel stayed on and I got the 3 codes in Dr Prius.

Going to pull plugs tomorrow in the light of day to see if it's plugs/coil. If plugs look good I am thinking replace injectors first. If plugs look bad replace plugs and coils first.

Does that sound like the right plan. Btw 237,000 miles and do not know when anything has been replaced previously.

2. Justin B

Justin B New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    similar issue here.. did you have any smoke during this? Did you fix the problem?

3. Wrecit

Wrecit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Wow almost forgot about this lol. Ended up one of the plugs did not have a crush ring and worked itself loose. Found several things to point to the prior owner being an idiot but I finally got baby running like a rock star

4. Justin B

Justin B New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I just replaced all 4 spark plugs and im still getting the codes and engine rumble. Maybe I need new coils?