1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. T-RIVERS

T-RIVERS New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I have a 2007 with 242,000 miles. The red triangle, check engine are illuminated. Based on the OBD scanner I have, I get the P0354 code. If I continue to drive it after clearing the code the car will eventually shut down and will not go into D or R. In order to get moving I'll have to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to clear all faults. That only buys me a few miles before the cycle repeats itself. I have had to add coolant to the inverter and radiator since this issue started. The car has new spark plugs, coils, MAF, air filter, catalytic converters, 12v battery.

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You need a more capable scantool. The red "master warning" light should have codes set in the hybrid control ecu. Here's a thread reviewing several scantool apps and devices.
    https://priuschat.com/index.php?posts/3290690

The P0354 indicates that the ECM didn't see a "confirmation signal" from the ignition coil for cylinder 4. Almost always is a failed coil. The new ones were they- Toyota or Denso - and from a reputable source? (NOT ebay or amazon?)

Might be a wiring fault- but swap in a "known good" coil first,

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    Same with those plugs, unless purchased from a known source.

Swap the bad coil with one of your good coils and see if the obd2 code (DTC) changes.

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.