1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0441 and its possible causes

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by 40mpgnot40mph, Jun 22, 2021.

1. 40mpgnot40mph

40mpgnot40mph Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I need a bit of help with the P0441 - EVAP incorrect purge flow code. This code popped up after getting the prius running after literally being left Resting in Pieces in my back yard for over 3 months. After clearing with an OBD scan tool yesterday, it popped up again this morning. Personally, I think its bad gas and I just retightened the gas cap this afternoon after clearing the code again. I plan to run the tank out for another 50 or 60 miles before refilling with fresh gas and hope that's the issue.

Some more symptoms (or imagination, its been forever since i drove it) are:
    1) ICE seems to stay on when decelerating from 60 + MPH to about 25/35 MPH
    2) MPG sucks at 33 to 35, but also old gas and really heavy foot to burn it all faster in my short 22 mile round trip commute.
    Maybe not related, but I Had to replace the 12v battery, so i got a Duralast from Autozone

But i have my doubts. The prius is a 2011 with 223,000 miles and barely preformed a (terrible cleaning) on the egr and a great clean of the intake manifold. I've also added a oil catch can, even though the prius only goes from max fill to min fill on the dipstick in about 5,000 miles.

2. 40mpgnot40mph

40mpgnot40mph Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    All of the hoses are connected after the egr circuit cleanse:whistle:?

I've also seen the inlet egr cooler gasket not be seated right and cause vacuum issues;).

I'd double check your work as there is an explainable cause(y).

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The evap system is kind of complicated. Are you looking in the repair manual (more info)? Good information there.

If you obtain it via TIS, you also have access there to the Toyota technician training course materials. There are good resources there for evap system diagnosis.