1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0441 code

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Boadie, May 3, 2022.

1. Boadie

Boadie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have a 2005 Prius. Probably 350,000 miles on it or more. I had a misfiring code come up. I brought it to a mechanic to have the spark plugs changed out and he also cleaned the fuel injectors. While he was test driving it either before or after he said they ran out of gas. Told me my gas gauge wasn’t working. My gas gauge was working properly before I brought it to him. So now when I get it back, it won’t allow me to fill the tank. It’s fighting me to fill it up and once I do fill it up my gas gauge is staying full. Now it’s throwing a PO441 when I get to about 50 mph, every single day after I clear the code. I’m wondering if they left something disconnected that has to do with the gas tank not being able to release pressure. I also replaced the gas cap with a new oem one, no change.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    between the bladder and the sending unit, they probably destroyed everything. you might need a new tank

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Boadie

Boadie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No, I have not. I’ll go through the step by step process. Thanks for all the information