1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0560 (P3000) Looking for advise

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by RP67, Aug 11, 2019.

1. RP67

RP67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Hi all, I going through on a very annoying problem and I'm kinda stuck. I have a gen2 (2003) with 134k km in the clock and I have all the lights up on the dashboard (red triangle, check engine, ABS, brake) and the only code what I get via Torque Pro is P0560. I purchased VXDIAG and Techstream from Amazon and it on its way now. At the mean time I tried DR Prius (don't buy it, not worth it) and that showed P3000 and P0560.
    Obviously earlier I went through on all possibilities regarding P0560 what the service manuals are suggested without any finding. 12V battery virtually brand new, so I presume, P0560 is a ghost fault and the real issue is P3000. Torque Pro isn't able to give me this code at all, eve though wouldn't be able to supply INF data either.
    Anyway, we have another Prius, 2004 (465k km in the clock) so I can try parts from there obviously I don't want to blow anything as that one is running fine.
    I was wondering, is it worth it to try to swap the battery ECU, to see if that is the problem? Is that ECU is interchangeable between cars?
    Just wondering if anyone had similar problem and had some sort of solution for it I would really appreciate any advise.

20190810_135919.jpg

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    P0560: check the 15A EFI fuse. If the fuse is good, measure voltage from the engine ECU E7-6 pin to body ground. If it is not ~12V then measure voltage at the EFI fuse socket to ground (one terminal should show 12V when the EFI fuse is removed). If that voltage is present, then look for a fault in the wiring from the EFI fuse socket to that engine ECU pin.

If you get 12V at the engine ECU E7-6 pin and the DTC persists then replace the engine ECU.

P3000: This is a separate issue and the fault typically would be the high voltage battery ECU or the high voltage battery. Yes, you could swap either or both assemblies between your Prius.

SFO likes this.
  3. RP67

RP67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Thanks, I checked EFI fuse, wiring and so on. The service manual has three section where talking deeply about P0560, I went through all the three with no luck. That's why I thought it might be not even a real fault. Also I forgot to mention the Inverter water pump wasn't operational god knows how long. I installed a new one just after the problem came up. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with these codes.Battery cells are seems to be balanced, even the resistances so I hope very much that isn't the battery. Anyway, I going to swap the battery ECU and see how it goes.

4. RP67

RP67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    My Techstream still on its way, but when I was going to swap the battery ECU I found the bad wire on it (green wire, on B11-1, 12v supply from EFI) it was intermittent, so when I unplugged and checked continuity was fine, however as soon I plugged back in, just wasn't....
    Anyway, I got rid of the red triangle and the check engine light, also I managed to reset ABS for a while.

20190813_180251.jpg
    However next morning the ABS light came back and I'm not able to reset it.
    Keep working on it.