1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0607need advice/help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jharris378, Mar 30, 2017.

1. jharris378

jharris378 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My MIL light came on while I was away from town (about 80 miles). The light came on at startup, and I took a chance and drove home with it. The car drove fine. I viewed the dtc after I was home using TechStream, and it says P0607 Control Module Performance. As I said, the engine performed well when I drove it. FYI - The 12 V battery is a 6 months old Optima yellow top.

Are there any easy engine checks for this dtc? If not, where is the ECM on a 2006 Gen2 Prius?

Thanks in advance.

Have to add, I also show the dtc P0571. This is for the brake light switch. I have had on-and-off cruise control issue for the last six months, Every so oftenthen cruise light flashes and cruise control no longer works until you power down. It seems like the brake light switch is a common failure that produces this code. However, during the six months I've had the crusie control problem the MIL never lit up. I only saw the dtc after I had the MIL come on.

I think I'll replace the switch and see if the P0607 dtc goes away. The brake light switch does feed into the engine control module.

#1 jharris378, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2017
  2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like a prudent course of action.