1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A7A / 325 - I have already replaced the inverter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Ricardo Oliveira, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Ricardo Oliveira

Ricardo Oliveira Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I already changed the inverter, check the grounding points, the 12 volt battery.

I read that if the problem was in the generator / electric motor, a specific code would appear. is this correct? because I have a doubt about mg1 and mg2 .

I took the electrical isolation medication. of the phases to ground is with insulation greater than 5 megohms. however, when I check between phases the result is zero. I also measured the resistance between the phases and it was 0 too.

I was a little confused because I went to the pick and pull and I checked 3 other prius of the same model and they all scored the same result.

the question would be based on this measurement are the motors/generators in trouble and need to be replaced?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's not a problem. The motor wiring is intended to be insulated from ground. Between the phases, conductivity is intended. Not zero resistance exactly, but that's what it will look like if you are using a megohmmeter or insulation tester to take the reading. If you were really interested in the phase-to-phase resistance you would want an ohmmeter with a low range.

There are about seven pages in the repair manual for troubleshooting that code and subcode. Have you been following those steps methodically? There is one point where you could end up deciding the issue is in the HV ECU, inverter, or transaxle based on retrieving "exclusive info 4" with Techstream. That comes after, of course, a bunch of wire harness tests. Can't overlook the low voltage control circuits that connect the HV ECU and the inverter.