1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

p0a80 2013 Battery module Whack-A-Mole! help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Levi Gonzalez, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Levi Gonzalez

Levi Gonzalez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ok so I have a 2013 140k Prius. got the p0a80 code. On the Dr Prius battery tester, it kept showing #12 as a bad block. replaced it. now it's not showing #12 BUT the p0a80 is still on there and clearly it's not driving 100% (loss of acceleration power occasionally)...

So I've been still driving it because like I said the voltages looked good and the test on Dr Prius didn't pull up a specific block...

until last night.

I decided to strain the battery, by putting it in neutral and turning the brights / AC on and getting the battery pretty low.

On the Dr Prius app AND torque app it both showed #10 as the culprit. around 1v lower than the rest. ONLY when pushed hard / stressed tested.

So does this look like it is the problem block of the battery? just making sure before I buy another 2 modules and open this thing back up yet again...

Attached Files:

2. Levi Gonzalez

Levi Gonzalez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Side note, on the screenshot of the Dr Prius app, the differential only says 0.7volts but that was at the time the screenshot was taken. I can assure you right after that it went about 1v difference.

Also, these screenshots were taken when the battery was pretty damn low. like 1 purple bar. And I got the alert on the dash to charge the hybrid battery or what have you...