1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A80 and P0B56 please help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by turbo1, Jun 7, 2018.

1. turbo1

turbo1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    friends i need your help i just get the codes P0B56 and P0A80 i check the battery voltage but its ok, i dont know what to do please help me thanks a lot for advice

Brian1398 likes this.
  2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Welcome to Prius Chat (y).

Can you give us some additional details:

• How many miles on your Prius?
    • Any recent damage?
    • How did you get the codes?
    • Can you get the INF codes?
    • Do you notice anything different in performance with the codes displayed?
    Keep us posted (y).

3. turbo1

turbo1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks a lot for reply, it has 140000 miles on it. i have two codes one is P0A80 and second is P0B56.i test the battery cells and the voltage is 7.8 each 28 cells. than i did a load test and non of them loses voltage quickly . can it be caused by little hv battery ecu? or lose nuts? forgot to say i use techstream to get codes

4. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Since you have Techstream (or access to it), I’d click on the little snowflake icon next to the code so you can get more detail;).

Once you have that, it’ll help narrow down the cause of the code:).

The issue sounds like it is not voltage related, but could be corrosion on the bus bars, leak to ground, etc.

The sub codes will help with next steps;).

Keep us posted (y).

5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The P0B56 points to "Hybrid Battery Voltage Sensor F Circuit Low". There are 14 blocks in the battery, but there are sensors A through O, which is 15. Starting from the end away from the ecu, the sensors are on modules #1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26 and 28. So, if I remember correctly, "F" should be the sensor at module 10, but if I'm backwards it would be at module 18.

Check the sensor tab, the wire and the plug where it connects to the ecu. It may merely be a corrosion issue. Or it may not.

As for the P0A80....everyone knows what that means...but will probably depend on what you find causing the P0B56.

#5 TMR-JWAP, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    JC91006 likes this.
  6. turbo1

turbo1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    can you show me please where are these sensors located? and can it be caused by battery little ecu? how many sensors it have?

7. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Turbo1, you're a perfect candidate for using a grid charger NOW as I think you just a got a really early warning unlike some. Probably bus bars or loose nut (torque to spec) or wire.

GOOD LUCK!

8. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you previously take apart this battery yourself and remove/replace any modules.

Also, fir clarity, I will stop responding to your pm's and just reply on this thread.

9. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    can you show me please where are these sensors located

You mentioned that you had already checked module voltages and they were all 7.8. The sensors are merely thin metal tabs sandwiched between the terminal nut and the busbars. Each tab has a thin wire that goes to the "battery little ecu" that you also mentioned. Those tabs and thin wires are how the ecu detects each block voltage.

It will look similar to this:

IMG_0544.JPG