1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A80 but all voltages look normal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by k1ngn0thing, Mar 15, 2018.

1. k1ngn0thing

k1ngn0thing Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    It's been 5-6 hours since I've started charging and my voltage just showed 247. Seems a little high but others have reported around that range. Going to do the full 3-cycle process. Temps for the next 3 days are all below 40, with it being 27 right now during this charge/balance so I'm not too worried about it. Fan's running on full blast and was cleaned during installation (and boy did it need it).

#21 k1ngn0thing, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. jeff652

jeff652 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As cold as your air temps are, those voltages do not surprise me at all. Sounds like you already found it, but here is the reconditioning process overview that describes the process step by step:
    Battery Reconditioning - Hybrid Automotive

3. Tbkilb01

Tbkilb01 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    image.jpg I found quite a bit more than a few weak modules recently by load testing each of the modules with the load tester from HybridAutomotive. It's easy enough to rig something up but HybridAutomotive made it oh so simple. I initially paired modules by load test results. Ended up swapping out 14 weakest modules to just get it done. Didn't want to play to much whackamole. The code P0A80 erased itself from memory. I initially reshuffled fresh modules I purchased from HybridAutomotive to BSU side for convenience and monitoring as I installed n three waves. Putting original modules at opposite end kept them isolated and I could monitor and remove easier. I used the EngineLink app and watched max and min modules as I drove. I removed weakest and set in fresh modules again pushing remaining oldest modules to opposite end!
    It really gets easier after the 3rd time! LOL
    I balanced them per @jeff652
    The code cleared itself after driving. I did three drive cycles. Since, I've ordered 6 more just to eventually get all 200k old modules out. I'm wondering if I can salvage any of the original modules?

#23 Tbkilb01, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Raytheeagle and k1ngn0thing like this.