1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0a80 error and lights then disappeared?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by A67chevyimpala, Jan 22, 2018.

1. A67chevyimpala

A67chevyimpala New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Quick back history... 2007 prius touring I've owned for three years. I had the hybrid battery replaced by a third party last match. In the summer Toyota replaced the water pump and 12v battery along with some other small stuff. A few days ago my dash lit up so we pulled into an autozone and they pulled that code "replace hybrid battery" I do have a warranty that expires in March and I called the place but haven't scheduled a time yet. Weird thing is that I turned it on today and the lights are gone. I drove it for a good hour, maybe more, but the lights didn't come back on. Any idea if it was a false positive for that code? I'm trying to sell it and have two people interested but I don't want to sell it and then this immediately happen to them.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's probably failing when the battery charge is low, block gets weak.

You can leave it in park and crank up the AC and watch the battery go down. It'll probably throw the code and warning lights when the SOC gets to about 2 bars.

It should still fail completely by the time March comes around

3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If it threw the code once it will likely return.
    For under $50 you could buy your own tools to scan the car as well as show live data about the battery.

- $5-$45 - Elm 327 Bluetooth OBDII scanner (choose any of them from Amazon and it can arrive in a couple of days)
    - $6 - Put Torque Pro app on your phone.