1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0a80 Fault Code

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by mahesh, Mar 23, 2017.

1. mahesh

mahesh New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2011 Prius done only 78000km's. I did a repair on the front rack since it was giving a noise.
    But now when ever i drove over a bumper or on a uneven surface my Prius initially gives the "Slip indication " + chek engine + master warning light. The slip engine light disappear after i restart but the chek engine and the master warning light doesn't.This hpen to me to me 3 times.
    But when i take the vehicle to the dealer they say it has nothing to do but to change the battery. Im so confused.

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! what is the warranty on the hybrid battery? it's the right code, and the triangle of death. 78,000 km is low, have you owned it since new?
    it's always worth checking the 12 volt battery.

3. mahesh

mahesh New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I do not have any warranty, jst bought it two months back but i now doubt its not the genuine mileage, .
    sco, post: 2515433, member: 5889"]welcome! what is the warranty on the hybrid battery? it's the right code, and the triangle of death. 78,000 km is low, have you owned it since new?
    it's always worth checking the 12 volt battery.[/QUOTE]

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, that's unfortunate. i think you'll have to read the trouble codes.