1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A80 - Replace Battery. But ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Grzldvt, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Grzldvt

Grzldvt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    2007 has been sitting in my driveway for about 6 months I was storing for a friend. I would drive it once a month of a couple miles. The tags expired so I did not want to go far. I finally got it almost titled, and have a temporary drive certificate as the cat was stolen and it needs a brake and light inspection.
    Question is the P0A80, P3012, and P3000 just showed up when I started driving longer distances, anyone know if this would happen when the car has sat for a long time? Right now the battery indicator will go green on a very long coast but will drop to 1 or 2 bars when I accelerate.
    Would driving it more to get the battery fully charged help at all or is this a sign the battery is gone?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Another sign when the battery's getting really wonky is your battery gauge will go from blue to green fairly smartly and then back down to two purple bars very quickly then back to blue 15-20 minutes later maybe back in the green and then a few minutes five at most it'll be back in the blue three four bars may even go to the purple it's just all over the place

3. nancytheprius

nancytheprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yes, that is very normal after sitting for awhile.

and no, the only help will be replacing the battery. or replacing the bad modules and reconditioning, but that is very involved and time consuming

bisco likes this.
  4. Grzldvt

Grzldvt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had the battery replaced

nancytheprius and bisco like this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle: