1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A93 code after getting breaks replaced and front calipers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dylan Watson, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Dylan Watson

Dylan Watson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello, newbie on here, I’m getting the P0A93 inverter pump error code after getting my breaks replaced on my Prius. 2007. My question is , is this most likely just a coincidence, as there were no issues or codes before getting the breaks done, and the inverter pump just needs replaced. Or is there something they could have messed up while fixing the breaks? Any help is greatly appreciated! Also if anyone knows the best and cheapest place to get the inverter pump replaced in the Dayton Ohio area? thank you so much!

Attached Files:

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It is most likely a coincidence as the inverter pump is a high failure rate item on the Gen2 (as is the 3 way heater control valve).

The only way to "mess it up" would be to physically damage the pump - which would cause a coolant leak (is your hybrid coolant tank full?) or damage the wiring. Neither is in the way if you are performing brake repairs.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Replacing an inverter cooling pump is fairly easy. There's lots of info you can find on here about it...