1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A93 Code Special Circumstance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jackthesmack, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Jackthesmack

Jackthesmack New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys! Long time reader first time poster on the forms. You all are great and I hope you can help/ offer some good advice for me.

A couple weeks ago my Prius ran out of gas. The last bar started blinking and the car died 5-10 miles down the road, which is unusual because usually I can make it 25-30 miles before dying. A mile from the gas station all dash lights came on and the car dies. I put 3 gallons of gas in the car and it still would not start. I got the car towed and had to get a hotel. After doing some research here I went back to the car, I pulled hybrid fuse and disconnected 12v battery. The car then started fine all dash lights gone.

A week later I have 1 bar of gas left (not blinking) and the engine dies again. Dash lights come on, I was lucky the hybrid battery was able to get me to next gas station. I pulled the hybrid fuse again and the lights are gone.

A few days ago I have a full tank of gas driving on the highway and I get the red triangle light and check engine light. Car is able to drive 20 miles to destination. I go to advanced and get the "P0A93" code. When I turn on car I can hear coolant pump running and see turbulence in the reservoir.

I am in a small town with no hybrid mechanics or Toyota dealership close. Do you guys think th car would be able to drive ~140 miles back home to the dealership, if I drive slow and run no a/c? I don't have the money to get it towed so far.

Also, would the cooling pump have anything to do with my engine dying/ shutting off before I'm completely out of gas? Please help, thanks in advance!