1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. wreched75

wreched75 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you!!!

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Two things.

One.... if the AM2 fuse is blown, the car will be totally dead, not just the pump.

Two...if that photo is your actual fuse box, you're likely going to have future problems due to weather/rain exposure/corrosion issues. That has to be one of the worst condition fuse boxes I've seen, other than a car in a salvage yard.

3. wreched75

wreched75 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh damn ok, we’ll the car starts and I dont see any turbulence in the reservoir next to the inverter. Yea about the fuse box never had the cover on it was sold to me that way and really never got around to getting a cover for it

4. wreched75

wreched75 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Which is the circuit that people sometimes need to fix in the Gen 2 fusebox by running an extra wire? Is that the pump circuit, or am I thinking of something else?

If that day was going to come to any Prius, I might guess it would come sooner for a Prius driving around with no fusebox cover.

6. wreched75

wreched75 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    running an extra wire? Where would I do that from? Ive been running without a fuse box for over 5 years hahah, im hoping to get another 2ys out of this thing,

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There are threads about it. I don't happen to remember if the affected circuit is for the cooling pump or something else,

Running for five years without a fusebox cover may seem hahah for a while, and then lead to a "how's that working out for you?" moment (which may or may not be what this thread is).

8. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, many here on the forum have low expectations from aftermarket pumps (esp Dorman). That said, a corroded connector could be your problem. Does the pump hum or vibrate at all when the car is in ready? You might have air trapped in the coolant passages and it can't push air. Did you use the bleeder fitting by the inverter to purge air?
    If the pump don't do nothing, then you have to "backprobe" the pump connector to test with a digital multimeter for power and ground when the car is ready. Could be that corroded connector.
    Here's a diagram:
    Screenshot_20211008-123556_1.jpeg
    The book shows the w/p relay to be internal to the driver's interior junction box.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

9. wreched75

wreched75 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just put the car in ready mode and the pump iteself was not vibrating. So I suspect it to be a bad pump. Ill be ordering an OEM from toyota that way I know I have a good part and not some aftermarket one.

10. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You should check that you have power at the connector first. A new part is not going to work either if power is not getting to the pump.

11. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    "If the pump don't do nothing, then you have to "backprobe" the pump connector to test with a digital multimeter for power and ground when the car is ready. Could be that corroded connector."
    While I would install a Toyota part for this on general principals, you might want to confirm it that is the problem or not- might have to replace the pump connector or something else. Tossing parts at a problem can cost quite a bit of time and money

12. wreched75

wreched75 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all just a heads up just wanted to close this out if anybody was wondering, I got a genuine part the other day and installed it and I saw turbulence in the reservoir unlike the other part. Do you know by chance if the lights will eventually go off or will I have to get that reset?

13. James345

James345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hey is it good now?