1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A93 Hybrid Water Pump

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Meh1483, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Meh1483

Meh1483 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello! I have a 2007 base model Prius. Five years ago I got the P0A93 code and my mechanic informed me the the hybrid water pump had failed and needed replacing. He replaced it with a new OEM water pump and also replaced the coolant with Toyota Super Long Life Coolant. Well, it's 5 years later and I just got the P0A93 code again and he says the water pump has failed and needs replacing. Is this normal?? I do run my A/C constantly and idle a lot with it running. I live in Sacramento, CA where it's hot as poop and I have no garage or covered parking. Not sure if any of that would make a difference. Could it be something that was done on their part that made this one fail after 5 years?? Thank you!

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I would say it's not abnormal. That little electric pump works it's a** off. If the car is on, that pump is running.

It's ~$65 for a Toyota pump online, and about a 2 hour or less DIY job for someone who hasn't done it before, but is competent with tools.

I have a handful of Gen 2s in the family and I keep at least 2 of these pumps on the shelf at all times.

M in KC and SFO like this.