1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0AA6 612 can't isolate problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Demetrius, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Demetrius

Demetrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I've been battling my 2007 Prius for weeks now to try and determine what P0AA6 was about and finally with techstream I was able to find a 612 sub code. I found a video to confirm this and when I do the test it shows about ~63 volts and it doesn't drop. So I figure I have leaking cells, except that when I disconnect the battery and do the same test I get nearly zero volts or if volts shows then it quickly drains to near zero. It only shows ~63 votls when I hook up the largest connector to what looks like the battery ECU. Nothing else is hooked up but that connector when it starts to show ~64 volts.

Any ideas what might be my issue?

2. Demetrius

Demetrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Found the problem. It was a leaking cell. The cell is the very far left one, next to the ECU. It had a crack underneath where this wire goes to, which is where the power was conducting from. It still holds 7.6V so I just plastic welded it shut and will find out tomorrow if the car works. At some point I'll have to look into either replacing the cell or the entire battery pack but for now this hopefully gets my car moving again.

Attached Files:

SFO likes this.
  3. Demetrius

Demetrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Good news the car works just fine now. Using Dr Prius on my phone I can see the battery pack is doing very well. Only problem I have now is that my bank 1 sensor 1 O2 I replaced it with a Walker and it complains every so often now. Teaches me a lesson that I shouldn't try to save $10 to avoid going Denso. Now I gotta deal with RockAuto to return it and get a Denso.

bisco likes this.