1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0AA6 after ICE service?

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by nicolas.bray, Apr 25, 2022.

1. nicolas.bray

nicolas.bray New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    So I picked up my car after having a blown head gasket replaced and unfortunately didn't realize until I'd already left that the hybrid system warning light was on. The place I got it repaired is a fair drive away so when I talked to the mechanic this morning, he said that the only thing they did with the hybrid battery was unplug it and plug it back in so I should try clearing the error with my OBD scanner and see if it comes back on. Well, it didn't come back on so I feel a bit better but...not entirely.

How worried should I be here? Is it possible this is just a glitch due to the battery being disconnected and reconnected? The car drives fine although the AC seems to be taking a while to come on (though I'm not sure if this is new) and at one point the cruise control seemed to be disabled (as in hitting the "on/off" button did absolutely nothing) but it later worked just fine.

2. 2010moneypit?

2010moneypit? Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Heads up you are moderated for five posts if you are a new member posting may be delayed.

How long did the car sit for when it was at the shop? Was the battery low on charge when you parked it?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hard to say, but if it comes back on, i think you'll have to make the drive back

4. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Shouldn't even of happened........ thanks toy on the headgasket....

5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Let sleeping dogs lie

9DA32126-E22A-4F7A-AA41-F721A6399D1C.jpeg

6. prius16

prius16 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The shop disconnected the traction battery.
    They may have "turned on the car" without putting the safety plug back in?

Still, what shop would rebuild an engine, not clear all codes, and then at least look at live data?

7. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Maybe some poor soul thinking about buying a used one will see my posts and get saved a lot of trouble.

8. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Agree. That is why I post warnings as well. Its one thing when someone like me gets zapped a few times. At least I had the first 150k miles where I saved operating costs enough to justify expensive repairs later. It bugs me when an unsuspecting guy buys a used one without any prior knowledge. Unfortunately very few find the forum until after they buy and discover one of the chronic gen3 problems. It does not help when they waste time and money changing parts and cleaning the egr cooler after it starts cold start rattling.

Tim Jones likes this.
  9. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Toyota should employ Hari Karri on this one.......

And thanks for you and mendel saving my butt in Iowa three years ago when my inverter blew..............
    Always will be appreciated...............!!!