1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0AA6 no sub code 2012 Prius 4

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by nicosprius, Jul 26, 2022.

1. nicosprius

nicosprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Took a part the intake manifold to clean some of the egr ports as well as dissembling the egr system to fix a misfire(worked perfectly) changed the pvr valve replaced the oil and filter as well no issues with any of that. However once I reassembled the car I was hit with the dreaded check hybrid system and triangle of death bought an obdII to get the code and im hit with P0AA6. Ive still been able to drive the car fine and never had this warning before doing my work on the vehicle, the ac works like a charm most of the time but sometimes it doesn't seem to get cold(after my repairs) this was never an issue before hand. My father came over to help me with my car while I was doing there cleaning mentioned above and he sprayed my entire engine with the water hose but the used the air compressor to dry it all plus is was 91 degrees so it was drying rapidly but is there a chance anything was damaged during this intense spray with the hose? Could water have gotten in the A/C compressor or faulted any of the wires? Any suggestions or tips to test this theory or others would be greatly appreciated

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    too much electrical in the prius engine bay to use water. leave it in the sun all day, then try resetting with the neg 12v cable

3. nicosprius

nicosprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This was days ago and I've reset it with the 12v cord multiples times it goes away for ten minutes max then something triggers it to come back. I really argued with my father about cleaning the bay with water and he insisted that it was completely fine... Should have went with my gut.. Would you suspect that I shorted something out? What should I trouble shoot?

bisco likes this.
  4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The troubleshooting steps are in the repair manual:

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

If you can get access to a scan tool that will show you the subcode, you can save time by skipping to the steps for that specific area. If not, you just have to start at the top and follow all the steps. (Well, not all, you can stop when you find the problem. :))

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    definitely check the a/c high voltage connector. if that's not corroded, it could be anything that got hit by the water, unless it was just a coincidence

6. nicosprius

nicosprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So my a/c every since has been going back and fourth between working fine and blowing pretty much hot air so I’m suspecting it is something to do with the a/c compressor

bisco likes this.