1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P1150 and P1121 after tank replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gino Veltri, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So i replaced the heated coolant tank hooked back up the hoses and wiring the best i could but now im getting P1150 and P1121 , coolant temps of 180 F so not overheating right?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe you got alot of air in the system, or maybe you hooked the hoses up wrong, but P1150 is "Coolant Path clog heat storage system CHS - Engine preheat coolant storage"

And P1121 is usually a sensor that wears out inside the 3 way coolant valve that's next to inverter coolant pump. Once you fix P1150 if the other code is still around the easiest next step is to replace it, as they make aftermarket ones that only cost $45. But again maybe these codes are from the wrong hoses connected to the wrong places? Or maybe you coolant heat storage system was not confirmed to be working correctly before it was installed?

Or maybe just replace the 3 way valve first and the P1150 will go away once that's taken care of?

3. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    All of this. I never checked to make sure the heated coolant tank even worked in the first place, I have no idea how much coolant I put in the system (is it possible to overfill) because this tank held so much coolant. I replaced the three-way valve in another Prius and it took care of the P1121. so can I reuse that part if I unstick whatever sensor is stuck? I’m cheap and on a tight time frame. Also, what’s different about this is the P 1150 and the fact that the cooling fan kicks on almost every time I step on the gas. Granted, there’s probably a lot of air in that system. Is that consistent with my symptoms? Could the valve actually still be good but full by the air in the system?

Either way, I have to have the car off the street by The Weeknd or else the police are gonna tow it. I don’t feel super safe with it on the highway but they made it clear they want it out of town.