1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

p2601 and humming noise

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by k1ngn0thing, Apr 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. k1ngn0thing

k1ngn0thing Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    2007 prius p2601 and humming noise - YouTube

is this safe to drive? I did 80 miles in one day with no more than 20 minutes between stops with no apparent overheating so I'm hoping it's just the CHS pump and not integral to cooling.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Kinda sounds like air in inverter cooling system that needs to be bled out... And you got P2601 as a recurring error code, or just once?

3. k1ngn0thing

k1ngn0thing Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    cleared it and it came back after 50 miles. about this time last year I did replace the inverter pump, but I was under the impression this code wasn't for the inverter cooling system.

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, the code isn't, but the sound kinda sounds like there's still some air in the system from when the inverter was replace. So sound and code might not be related. And if it's just the CHS pump, it just slightly lowers MPG when engine is cold, so easy to live with. Least expensive fix is getting one at a junk yard and pulling it yourself so you have a good sense of what it will take to install it.