1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P2601,c1241,c1242,c1300,c1378

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Coreymhvac, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Coreymhvac

Coreymhvac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Car hasn't had engine light on since we purchased. Drove over 15k miles. This morning the light came on we went to AutoZone and these are the codes. P2601,c1241,c1242,c1300,c1378. I'm not sure if this is worth putting money into

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. Upon a cold engine start, do you hear the engine coolant heat recovery system pump running for a few seconds? This pump can also be heard running for a few seconds after the car is turned off. The pump is located in the left front wheel well, in front of the tire, hidden by the plastic fender liner.

If you do not hear that pump functioning, it needs to be replaced (it is part of the engine emissions control system.) If you do not replace the pump, there are no driveability implications other than emissions control.

2. Replace the 12V battery.

3. Coreymhvac

Coreymhvac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bad thing is it's raining, I'll check that in a minute. I find it strange to have all these codes at once. This is a 2005 about 87k miles.

4. Coreymhvac

Coreymhvac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ok I hear the pump running for about 3-4 seconds in front of driver side tire then shuts down, then gas motor starts. I checked the voltage at the battery, getting 13.8volts.....about 6 months ago the car was completely dead, I found the ground cable at the 12v battery very loose on the chassis. I tightened it. Jumped it, been fine ever since

5. Patrick Wong

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good so far. Put a charger on the 12V battery overnight.

6. Coreymhvac

Coreymhvac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I checked the ground wire at the 12v battery on the chassis again, it was loose and sparking. Tightened again. Took off negative terminal for 3minutes. Drove the car 60miles and check engine light has not come back on. So far so good...

7. Patrick Wong

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe you need a lock washer on that connection. All battery cable connections must be clean and tight.

Coreymhvac likes this.
  8. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also, put you battery on a charger over night to ensure it is fully charged.