1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3000 after inverter radiator replacement -- related?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Lateulade, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Lateulade

Lateulade Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My wife's 2011 (135k miles) has been throwing P0A80 for a while now, and two weeks ago, the car just shut down while she was driving and threw P0A80, P0A93, P0C73, and P0A08. Turns out road debris took out her inverter radiator, which caused all the coolant to pour out. Radiator was replaced (insurance paid for the repair as it was road debris related) and coolant was refilled.

We're now getting P3000 (battery ECU), which I've never seen before, in addition to P0A80. The display no longer shows charging in any direction (no arrows indicating the engine or inverter are charging the battery or vice versa). I'd been considering a Green Bean or similar rebuilt battery, but a local dealer has OEM Toyota HV batteries in stock for $2100, which seems well worth the extra $500 over a remanufactured battery.

Question is, do I need to be concerned about the P3000, and should I take it back to the original Toyota dealer who did the inverter radiator repair before getting the new HV battery? Since it's a new code (and could be seen as related to the inverter issue), I'd prefer to get insurance to pick up any costs if possible.