1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3000 and P0AAC code on Prius 2005

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by kolez2000, Sep 11, 2021.

1. kolez2000

kolez2000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I scanned my Prius 2005 and I have this codes; P0300 and P0AAC. Pls what do I do?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    p3000, or p0300? :confused:

you need tech stream and the sub codes. start with a good look for corrosion inside the hv battery.

you might need plugs, injectors or coils,

or maybe just a new car

how many miles/km on her? is the hybrid battery original, replaced with oem or rebuilt?

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This problem is often related to voltage sensor harness corrosion where it plugs into the hybrid battery ECU... So check that first.

4. kolez2000

kolez2000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    P3000 was one of the code

5. kolez2000

kolez2000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, thanks. I would take the car to my workshop tomorrow for another check. I would open the battery and check.
    The scanner is also complaining of block 12

6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    P0AAC is to do with HV (hybrid vehicle) battery temperature.

The intake air temperature sensor is provided on the HV battery assembly. Its resistance value varies with the changes in the intake air temperature. The characteristics of the intake air temperature sensor are the same as the battery temperature sensors.

The battery ECU uses the signals from the intake air temperature sensor for adjusting the airflow speed of the battery blower.

P0AAC is set when the temperature detected by the intake air temperature sensor is lower than standard (open) or higher than standard (short) (1 trip detection logic).

HINT: After confirming DTC P0AAC, then, confirm the temperature of the intake ambient air to the battery pack by checking "BATT INSIDE AIR". You will need the use a scanner like Techstream to look at live data of the battery ECU.

You might also want to check the operation of the HV battery cooling fan and that it is clean. Also, check the entire air path of the battery cooling is clear of any obstructions that might hamper cooling.

kolez2000 and PriusCamper like this.