1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3000 Code and Red Triangle Warning Light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by 24gzerancr, May 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. 24gzerancr

24gzerancr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2007 prius with almost 150k miles and the big triangle warning light came on a few days ago. I ordered a scanner and finally was able to pull a p3000 code from the Dr Prius app. However, I know that there are sub codes for this, but I don’t have any way to read them at the moment. I’m getting around 40-45 mpg and the battery seems to be charging and discharging as it should, but I could definitely be overlooking something because I’m very new to Prius. I did a test drive while monitoring the battery using dr Prius and aside from one cell being an outlier in voltage, it is only a slight voltage difference across cells. I was honestly ready to replace my hv battery once the triangle appeared because I expected a P0840, but now I’m not sure how to go about fixing this. Upon further inspection while trying to clean the battery fan i found that the plug for my fan is completely gone and the wires have been soldered together. Is it possible that this situation with the wiring is just causing the code?Also, would it be a terrible idea to continue driving the car without knowing exactly what’s broken given that I have free roadside assistance? Any help is greatly appreciated! A friend at Toyota offered to check for sub codes next week so I will have more information by then, but I’d still like to get to the bottom of this to at least calm my nerves. 2A1409FD-BC54-4231-BB44-3340969CA5E2.jpeg D3F950A5-008B-470D-B725-6044ACDECA64.png

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That plug for the fan gets redone often, because it corrodes due to leaks in the roof seams... But that's not the problem the error code is pointing towards. If you're lucky you can clean where the voltage sensor plug connects inside the battery ECU. That's one place that's easy to fix that causes P3000. Also while you're at it clean all the bus bars and connector for the battery pack.

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four