1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3000 P0A9E P0AFA HV battery codes- low voltage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by srysoldout, Nov 10, 2021.

1. srysoldout

srysoldout New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey again, Prius chat! I’ve been working away at my hybrid battery (replaced no. 2 wiring harness, cleaned ECU corrosion, installed 8.0-8.2v battery modules and balanced, new 12v battery) and I’m presented with the above error codes. These will not go away when cleared on my OBD2 reader, which means I’m either toast or I’m not doing something correctly. I’ve been at this battery for five months at the expense of my job, should I throw in the towel and buy a new pack altogether? I’ve thrown over a grand into this thing and it’s not giving me the return I wanted. Curious to know your thoughts, pictures down below.

apparent issues: needs four new module nuts, and module #27 terminal was ripped out. Could this be the issue? I had the same codes prior to losing the nuts and breaking off the module terminal. All were torqued correctly, and the voltage under load is 8.0v, cells are equal voltage.

Attached Files:

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    1. It's pretty clear from the second photo that block5 probably has a broken wire or some other issue with the voltage sensing wire or ecu plug. Is that one of the missing nuts?
    2. You broke one of the temperature thermistor/sensors on the bottom of the battery.
    3. As for the other issues like missing nuts, broken studs and ripped out terminal, those answers are.......... Nuts need to be installed. Module with broken terminal needs to be replaced. Module with 'ripped out' anything needs to be replaced.

Trying to test the battery or operate the car with the battery in that condition is like removing all the lug nuts from your wheels and going for a test drive. It's just not going to work.

#2 TMR-JWAP, Nov 10, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'm sorry this is happened to you A lot of people make all of this sound real easy and I guess you found out not so much it's a path some mistake you'll eventually get it straightened out maybe even buy a new battery and just start with that save the old stuff you have just to keep it and keep getting it I mean really when you think about it it just makes sense if you need the car and your time is somewhat worth something

SM-A715F ?