1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3000 p3009 After Gen 2 Module Swap

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by dirt657, Jul 23, 2019.

1. dirt657

dirt657 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Swapped Gen 2 Prius modules into a gen 1 prius that had 6-7 bad modules. All of them well balanced between 5.6A and 5.8A. Busbars and busbar nuts replaced with nickel plated stuff. Corrosion removed from all components via white vinegar and some elbow grease. Scrubbed the case with some dish soap to clean it up and rid from any leaking electrolyte that I hear happens with these things quite often. Put all modules in order and did my best to bolts in all of them although retrofitting for size is tough. Put everything back together, cleared the old codes on techstream, refreshed the test and now I’m getting p3000 -123 Battery Control System
    P3009 Leak detected

This happened the last time I messed with a gen 1 prius for a buddy, but after all that work he just scrapped it since he got it for free. This time it’s for a customer and I need to figure out what the problem is. Also

Can someone explain the immobilized notification that comes up on tech stream?

2. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    First of, your procedures seems to be wrong.
    You just did wack a mole approach, bybjust replacing the suspect bad modules, without doing any load tests.
    You may have faulty modules that are leaking.
    Without load tests, you'd never get to know which of the modules are bad or not.
    Furthermore, you got to balanced all the existing and replaced modules.
    How were you getting the amperages you said you balanced with?

3. dirt657

dirt657 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did not do the wack-a-mole approach. I tossed all the gen 1 modules and replaced with 38 reconditioned and balanced gen 2 modules. Using turnigy reaktor and charsoon anti-matter.

4. dirt657

dirt657 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I see how that could’ve come out weird. Let me rephrase: There are no remaining gen 1 modules in the pack.

5. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ok k get you now. Didnyou check all your HV connections properly? Or the battery ECU also. Bock 9 may have a problem.

6. dirt657

dirt657 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I won’t be able to tell until tomorrow, but Eric told me that if the battery doesn’t have at least one ground bolt into the frame when you fire it, a code will trigger. That would make sense, so I’m gonna try it first.