1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. BuckeyePrius

BuckeyePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What do you make if this?
    Screenshot from Dr Prius.
    Codes p3000 and p3030 no subcodes. Screenshot_20190514-165138.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Crazy voltage readings like that are usually indicative of bad connections on the HV battery module voltage sensing tabs or significant corrosion issues at the wire harness plug where it connects to the battery ecu. I would guess your problem probably lies in the second area.

Is this a virgin, untouched original HV battery or are these readings following a DIY repair/rebuild?

Give us the full story and we can provide much better assistance.

3. BuckeyePrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Previous owner stated it was running well but had "some yellow" indicator light on. They had recently replaced the 12 volt battery. Car went into "safe mode" and the ICE wouldn't restart. I'm assuming bad wires at the traction battery due to the p3030 code. Just wondering if the every other extreme "bad" block indicates three bad blocks, or three bad wires. Thanks for the input.

4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think some crazy sob mentioned this earlier....

Crazy voltage readings like that are usually indicative of bad connections on the HV battery module voltage sensing tabs or significant corrosion issues at the wire harness plug where it connects to the battery ecu.

I would guess your problem probably lies in the second area.

which would be......

significant corrosion issues at the wire harness plug where it connects to the battery ecu

You may be getting ready to have a significant event at the connector where the voltage sensor harness plugs into the ecu.

SFO likes this.
  5. BuckeyePrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks again, I was attempting to fill in some of the blanks as requested. We will look at the connections first when it comes apart on Monday.

6. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Blocks 2-7 most likely fall under the previously mentioned issue. For failed modules, I would be more concerned about block 10. It's ~1.3 volts lower than the other "normal" blocks. Indicative of a failed 1.2 volt cell inside one of the modules....

SFO likes this.