1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3011, P03b3 error codes on 2012 Prius V

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by uskallen, Jul 29, 2020.

1. uskallen

uskallen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    My late father's prius v sat without being started from around August 2019 to May 2020. During that time, the 12v battery went bad. We had it towed to the dealership where the battery was then replaced. While I was pulling out the dealership, all of the lights on the dash lit up, but it drove fine. Turned around and headed back to the dealership where they eventually determined battery block 1 becomes weak and read P3011 and P03b3 error codes.

The car has been sitting untouched for the past couple of months while we decide what we should do. We can get the battery replaced at the dealership for around 2,200 after getting some financial help from both the dealership and Toyota corporate, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. The car has around 53K miles and is in great shape otherwise. My mom won't drive it and no one in the family is interested in driving it, so we would likely sell it immediately after replacing the battery.

Can anyone offer any advice before we suck it up and replace the battery? Any other considerations or ideas we need to think about? It's a lot of money to put into a vehicle that's going to be sold immediately after repair. I appreciate any and all input. Stay safe out there.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's a great price for a new battery. determine the value on kbb.com, and decide if you want to sell it as is, or after you have the battery replaced.
    at 53k, the car is practically brand new and well worth the investment. batteries don't like to sit, that is the only downside to a hybrid.
    for more help, and possibly another alternative, contact jessica at houston hometown hybrids. they know their batteries.
    all the best!(y)

Tim Jones likes this.
  3. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Sell it with a bad battery. Might get more than you think with just 53,000 miles. Battery not that hard to replace and you can get one for $1600 delivered to your door. http://www.newpriusbatteries.com
    I have one in my 2013 v and it works fine.

Hybrid Batteries likes this.