1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

p3014 cell block 4 becomes weak

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by shawnlevine, Apr 26, 2013.

1. shawnlevine

shawnlevine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello All, If anyone has some good advise it is appreciated. I recently received a couple of cell block weak errors. I have found these errors are usually casued by a corroded bus bar or a loose connection to the cells in the block. I have cleaned and tightend cell block 4 really well and I still can't get the p3014 error to stay away. I just ordered two cells on ebay and will try to swap out the two cells in that block. If anyone can confirm the blocks are counted in pairs of cells starting from the passenger side of the car.

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Doing a voltage check on all the modules will confirm which modules have failed. It is unlikely just swapping out the failed module or modules will produce a long term cure. All the modules need to be rebalanced including those purchased to get an idea of the state of the rest of the modules. Then you can build a battery with modules that have close voltage and AH capacity.

John (Britprius)

3. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have never done it, but all of those who have experience say the same thing. For best longevity of the rebuild, you should measure all of the individual cells, balance out the voltages, and so forth. Bob Wilson has detailed this on Gen 1 batteries as well as mentioned specific chargers for the batteries. I recall other's have posted similar information.

Do a google search and you should be able to learn more. The search engine here on PC is weak, but google will reveal all of the info posted online if you use it.

I do agree if you just swap good cells for bad, the repair won't last a long time.

Just a friendly reminder if you are not aware. The traction battery is HIGH voltage DC, be VERY careful if you do work on the battery.

Ron

4. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II